Both accused had confessed after the murder. Mr Mey Mey Liman had confessed that the preparatory meeting of the assassination took place at home, and Garba Goudoussou had served as a conduit for the execution of the crime.
November 14, 2012, the mayor of Makari, Mr. Aboukress Alamine the Cameroon People's Democratic Movement (CPDM), the ruling party and one of the sponsors of this heinous murder, against all odds was released by the same court on spurious grounds that'' the arrest is likely to lead uprisings in the region of the Far North.''
On April 2, 2013, noting that the real sponsors were still not under arrest and seeing the maneuvers at the justice which hatched to release accomplices were the performers, the REDHAC made a statement to ask of the Cameroonian justice level wich to say the right.
Today, the Human Rights Defenders Network
- Notes with regret that the Cameroonian justice in its majority can not tell the law, which reinforces our contention that this justice is the secular arm of the executive power in Cameroon;
- Condemns the release of all those murderers of this human rights defender;
- Call by various actions human rights defender Kousseri, Cameroon, Central Africa, Africa and around the world to condemn the release of and require by the authorities a fair trial for the defender Gueime Djime.
- The immediate resignation of Mr. SIKATI from his position as judge of Kousseri;
- The arrest of all the new sponsors of the assassination;
- The reopening of the trial so that the guilty are punished according to law.
Fait à Douala, le 30 Juillet 2013
Marie Edwige Douzima Me Paulette Oyane Maximilienne Ngo Mbe
Conseiller du REDHAC Conseiller juridique REDHAC Directrice Executive du REDHAC
République Centrafricaine Gabon